½ c. tomato sauce
3 T. Chopped onion
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 T. prepared mustard
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. Splenda brown sugar
1 lb. ground turkey
Nonfat cooking spray
- In a small saucepan, simmer together the tomato sauce, onion, garlic, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and cool completely. Mix the turkey with the barbeque sauce in a large bowl.
- Shape into 4 patties and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Lightly coat the grill with nonfat and preheat for 5 minutes.
- Grill the turkey burgers for 7-8 minutes. Serve with the condiments of your choice.
Serves 4. – 1 burger = 5 oz protein